How to Setup WooCommerce Shop Page
WooCommerce gives a great deal of options for its users and you can easily set up your online store. When you download WooCommerce you need to import all your products into wordpress but still your website wont look like an online store. Hence, to give your website the look of an online store you need to set up the Shop Page. In this writeup we will tell you steps by which you can set up your Shop Page.
Steps to Setup Your WooCommerce Shop Page
Follow the steps mentioned below to setup your WooCommerce Shop Page:
- Install the WooCommerce plugin and activate it on your WordPress site.
- Create pages for your shop, cart, and checkout.
- Configure your WooCommerce settings, including payment gateways, shipping options, and taxes.
- Create and add products to your online store, including product descriptions, images, and pricing.
- Customise the appearance of your shop page using the WooCommerce template tags and/or built-in customization options in your WordPress theme.
- Test your store by making a test purchase as a customer.
- Finally, publish your online store and promote it to attract customers.
How to Set Up Price in Your WooCommerce Shop Page
Follow the steps mentioned below to set up the price in your WooCommerce Shop Page:
- Sign in to the admin panel of wordpress and navigate to the “Products” section.
- Click on the “Add New” button to generate a new product or edit an already existing product.
- In the “Product Data” section, select “Simple Product” if your product has a fixed price or “Variable Product” if your product has different prices for different options (such as size or color).
- For simple products, enter the regular price of the product in the “Regular Price” field. You can also enter a sale price in the “Sale Price” field if you want to offer a temporary discount.
- For variable products, add the different options (such as size or color) in the “Attributes” section. Then, go to the “Variations” section and add the prices for each option.
- Navigate through the “Publish” button to save the changes.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each of your products.
- In the “WooCommerce” settings, you can configure the currency, taxes and shipping options.
Once you have set up the prices for your products, they will be displayed on the shop page and on the individual product pages. You can also use plugins to customize the display of prices on the shop page, such as showing prices with and without taxes.
How to Customize WooCommerce Shop Page?
Follow the steps below to customise your WooCommerce Shop Page:
- Be sure that you have the current version of WooCommerce and WordPress installed on your website.
- Go to the WooCommerce settings page in the WordPress admin and enable the “Block Editor” option.
- Go to the page where you want to display your products, such as the shop page, and click on the “Edit with Block Editor” button.
- Add a “WooCommerce Products” block to the page and customise it by selecting the number of columns, the number of products per page, and the product categories to display.
- Add other blocks such as “WooCommerce Product Categories” and “WooCommerce Product Filter” to customise the layout and functionality of your shop page.
- Customise the styling of the blocks using the built-in block options, or by using custom CSS.
- Preview the changes and publish the page when you are satisfied with the result.
Note: Some WordPress themes have built-in support for WooCommerce Blocks and may provide additional customization options.
Plugins for Shop Page Customization
There are several WordPress plugins that can be used to customise the WooCommerce shop page, some popular ones include:
- WooCommerce Customizer: This plugin allows you to customise various elements of the WooCommerce shop page such as the add to cart button, product titles, and more.
- YITH WooCommerce Customise MyAccount Page: This plugin allows you to customise the My Account page in WooCommerce, including the order history and personal details sections.
- Custom Product Tabs for WooCommerce: This plugin allows you to add custom tabs to product pages and display additional information or forms.
- WooCommerce Product Table: It allows you to create a table view of your products on the shop page, making it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for.
- Custom Product Designer for WooCommerce: This plugin allows you to create a custom product designer on your shop page where customers can create their own designs and order them on the spot.
- My Account Page Editor for WooCommerce: The plugin will give users the ability to personalise and customise the My Account Page of your customers. You can make the page more informative by adding up more custom endpoints and concealing the default ones.
It’s important to note that before installing any plugin, you should check the plugin rating and reviews, compatibility with your version of WordPress, and if it’s actively maintained.
Start Your Online Store
Setup your WooCommerce shop page and start selling your products. Try to make your page as easy to navigate as possible so your probable customers will not have any issues in shopping.
Leave a Reply